3.1:C: Explain how attitudes to family life have changed.
- contraception being more widely available has meant that more people can have pre marital sex without getting pregnant
- wider tolerance of homosexuality
- changes to divorce laws means divorce is easier and cheaper to obtain
- fewer people and families are following religious teachings
3.2:C: Explain why most Christians do not accept sex outside marriage
- Adultery (fornication) is banned in the Bible as it breaks the vows made at marriage e.g. faithfullness which are made in front of God
- during marriage the married couple become one flesh.Said in Genesis
- sex was mainly created for children in a married couple so sex outside marriage is not acceptable
- sex before marriage is wrong because they have not committed to their partner through marriage
3.3:C: Explain why followers of one religion other than Christianity do not accept sex outside marriage.
- Adultery is a sin, bad result on judgement day
- The Qur'an forbids sex outside marriage, against Allah's words
- children should only be born out of marriage as that is where a family should start
- sex outside marriage protects muslims from physical and emotional harm because there is no commitment in sex outside marriage.
3.4:C: Explain why some Christians do not agree with divorce
- Marriage is a sacrament from God so it cannot be ended
- Divorce can lead to re-marriage. Re-marriage when both husband and wife are alive is adultery
- the Bible says 'A husband must not divorce his wife'
- Divorce breaks the bond that God has created in the couple as marriage makes them one flesh
3.5:C: Explain why the followers of one religion other than Christianity may allow divorce
- Marriage is a legal contract which can be ended
- The couple should not be in a marriage that is making them unhappy
- The Qur'an explains ways in which divorce can be given
- If the couple…