How have attitudes changed since the 1960's
- Sex - Used to be a taboo topic, No sex before marriage, Only ever one partner
- Marriage - No divorce, married by 25
- Family Life- Nuclear, Men work women stay at home
- Divorce - Not common, only men could, Expensive
- Homosexuality- Mental illness, illegal, taboo
Why have attitudes changed?
- Sex- Contraception, media, education, people arent as religious
- Marriage - No obligation to get married, Divorce is easier
- Family Life - Technology, Divorce, Feminism, Equal rights
- Divorce - Equal rights, media, less religious
- Homosexuality - Homosexuality becaem decriminalised, Gay marriage, media, medical reasearch.
What are the catholic views on sex outside of marriage?
- Sex should only be between a married couple who plan on having children
- 'Sex outside of marriage is a grave sin' - Catechism
- 'Go forth and multiply'
What are the Church of Englands view on sex outside of marriage?
- Sex in any commited relationship is acceptable
- Sex is a way of expressing love and commitment
- Only have children inside a marriage
What is the purpose of marriage and how is it shown in the wedding ceremony?
- Support and comfort, which is shown through the vows
- Union, Shown in the signing of the register
- Procreation - To have children
- Endless, Exchange of the rings