- Created by: vicky
- Created on: 31-05-12 12:03
After a Guilty Verdict – How Psychology Can Inform the Penal System
Alternatives to Imprisonment
· The modern probation service supervises over 200,000 offenders on four main types of community sentences: -
o Community rehabilitation orders
o Community punishment orders
o Combined orders (rehabilitation & punishment)
o Drug treatment and testing orders
· Approximately 90% are male
· 25% aged between 16-20.
· 70% of clients are on community sentences,
· The remaining 30% are on licence after being released early from prison sentences.
· Any breach of probation is taken very seriously and can lead to a custodial sentence.
You Must Not
· Stay our of trouble
· Immediately report any change of address…