- Jack, Simon and Ralph, return from exploring and Ralph blows the conch to assemble a meeting where he confirms that they are on an unibated island.
- Jack says that he needs an army to hunt, while Ralph is more intrested on practical issues.
- The younger boys express their concern about a 'Beastie' on the island (voiced by the young boy with the birth mark.
- At Ralph's suggestion, the boys agree to start a fire to attract the attention of passing ships
- Jack offers to keep the fire going- ordering his hunters to work in rotation.
- The fire on the mountain- top, started using Piggy's glasses, burns out of control.
- Piggy tells the boys they need to 'act proper' if they are to be rescued
- Piggy discovers the boy with the birthmark is missing.
Similar English Literature resources: