- Ralph thinks about the seriousness of the forthcoming meeting and of his role as chief
- At the meeting, he lays down the ground rules for behaviour on the island.
- Discussion turns to the beast, and some of the boys wonder if they are not alone on the island. Jack and Piggy dismiss the idea.
- The opinoins of Piggy and Simon are ignorded.
- Jack and Ralph have a further disgreement and the meeting ends.
- Simon and Piggy, fearing what Jack is capble of, urge Ralph to remain as chief.
- Simon, Piggy and Ralph discuss what grown- ups would do , and wish for a singnal for them.
- "I know there isn't no beast…
Similar English Literature resources: