- Created by: lwarren14
- Created on: 08-11-18 22:30
(p.s sorry about the colours some of them don't save so you cant tell which one it's from)
Chapter 1-Chapter 2-Chapter 3-Chapter 4-Chapter 5-Chapter 6-Chapter 7-Chapter 8-Chapter 9-Chapter 10-Chapter 11-Chapter 12
Bold: Important to learn
- 'Sleep enveloped him.'
- 'Now the shell was no longer a thing to be seen but not touched Ralph became excited.'
- 'The children gave him the same simple obedience that they had given the men with megaphones.'
- 'He was intimidated by the uniformed superiority and the off-hand authority in Merridew's voice.'
- '"He's not Fatty," cried Ralph, "his real name is Piggy!"'
- '"If Simon walks in the middle of us [...] then we can talk over his head."'
- 'He hovered between the two courses of apology or further insult.'
- '"Of course we shall be rescued."'
- 'The weight of Ralph's new authority brought light and happiness.'
- '"All you can think about is pig, pig, pig!"'
- 'And he was big enough to be a link with the adult world of authority;'
- 'Of all the boys, he was the most at home there;'
- 'Ralph continued to watch the ship ravenously.'
- 'Anger instead of decency passed his throat.'
- 'He found himself understanding the weariness of his life.'
- 'Ralph felt a kind of affectionate reverence for the conch.'
- '"We ought to - ought to die before we let the fire out?"'
- 'This seemed the breaking up of sanity.'
- '"Becuase the rules are the only thing we've got."'
- '"This is a rotten place"'
- '"You'll get back to where you came from."' (Simon)
- 'Ralph too was fighting to get near,'
- 'Not scared so much as paralysed.'
- '"Boys with sticks."' (To Jack)
- '"He's like Piggy. He says things like Piggy. He isn't a proper chief.'" (Jack)
- '"Supposing i got like the others - not caring. What'ud become of us?"'
- '"Come away there's going to be trouble"' (Piggy)
- '"That was murder"' (Ralph) '"It was an accident," "He asked for it."' (Piggy)
- '"I'm frightened. Of us."' (To Piggy)
- 'Piggy clung to Ralph.'
- 'Jack wrenched free and swung at Ralph with his spear.'
- '"Don't you understand you painted fools?" "you're playing hunting"'
- '"You're a beast and a swine and a bloody, bloody thief!"' (About Jack)
- 'Visciously, with full intention, he hurled hiw spear at Ralph.' (Jack)
- 'Piggy was everywhere, was on his neck, was become terrible in the darkness and death.'
- 'There was no Piggy to talk sense.'
- 'What could they do? Beat him? So what? Kill him?'
- 'He forgot his wounds, his hunger and thirst, and became fear; hopeless fear on flying feet,'
- 'The little scarecrow'
- '"Who's boss here?" "I am," said Ralph loudly'
- 'Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man's heart, and the fall through the air of a true, wise friend Piggy.'
- 'Marching approximately in step.'
- 'What he saw of the fair haired boy with…