London, England - megacity
In London, suburbanisation is taking place which is where people are moving from the inner city to the outer city, otherwise known as the suburbs.
Reasons for suburbanisation:
1. Availability of land - There is not much land available in the city - more brownfield sites are used wherever possible.
2. Increasing wealth - More houses are being bought due to growing service sector jobs, increased salaries and mortgages.
3. Shorter working hours - People are able to live further away from their workplace as they can commute to work.
4. Transport - The extension of public transport in London such as buses, trams and trains allows people to live in the suburbs and easily get to and from the inner city.
5. Households - There is an increased size of households due to…