- Bartlett's schema theory suggests that the gaps in one's memory are filled with information from one's schema which is comprised of past experiences.
1)Investigate effect of leading questions on accuracy of speed estimates in car crash.
2)accuracy of perceived consequences of a car crash
Design: Lab Experiment
- 45 students
- 7 films of car accidents
- Critical question - 'how fast were the cars going when they ... each other?'
- Independent variable - verb used i.e. hit, bumped, collided, smashed, contacted.
- Dependent variable - estimated speed
- 'Smashed' gave highest speed…