- You can use regression to make a prediction
- Similar to a correlation, regression numerically describes the relationship between two variables
- Linear regression figures out how to do optimal guess
- Line of best fit is also known as a REGRESSION LINE
- The line with the minimal distance from each data point, 'minimal deviations' from the line.
- The result of linear regression is the regression equation.
- Each equation is determined by: intercept and slope
- A=intercept B=gradient
- Prediction errors are known as residuals. E.g predicted score = 60 actual score = 64 residual =…