· Luminous objects, such as the Sun, give out light. Non-luminous objects only reflect light.
· Light Waves are all Transverse waves.
· The Angle of Incidence=The Angle of Reflection
· This happens when light is bounced of a Plane Mirror
Images created by a Plane Mirror
· Virtual Images look like they are behind a surface of a mirror so they are rays of light that do not pass through.
· Real Images are produced when light passes through them. If you can produce a image on a screen, it is real.
Properties of an image in a Plane Mirror
· The image is the same size as the object
· The image is virtual as it cannot be produced on a screen.
· The image is Laterally Inverted
· When a ray of light travels from air to water it slows down as it crosses the boundrary between two different media.
· The change in speed may cause the ray to change direction.
· It refracts towards the normal as it slows down when it enters the the glass block.
· A ratio between the Angle of Incidence and Angle of Refraction.
· Formula: n=sin(i) / sin(r)
Total internal reflection
· When a ray of light passes from glass into air-The light is refracted away from the normal but there is a small amount of light that is also…