- Created by: hollyvalentineb
- Created on: 02-01-17 17:43
THE CARE ACT 2014
This act relates to those being assessed or recieving soicial care and their carers.
- Duty on local councils to promote an individuals wellbeing when making decisions e.g. their dignity, protection from abuse and harm, well- being ect.
- continuity of care must be provided.
- local authoritues must carry out childrens needs assessments for young people where there is a need for care after trhey reach the age of 18.
- Adult safeguarding boards amd responsibilty to ensure infromation sharing and inter-professional work.
- Local authorities have to guarantee preventative services which could help reduce or delay the need for care.
THE HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE ACT 2012
- No decisions about me wothout me is the guiding principle by which patients are treated.
- clinical commissioning groups are GP-led bodies that comission most health services.
- health and well-beimg boards bring together health and social care comissioners, councillors and lay representative to promote joint working.
- Public health: increased focus on prevention e.g, anti-smoking, screening, vaccination.
- Healthwatch is an independent service created by the Act, which aims to protect the interetsts of all who use care…