- Trade Description Act 1968: retailers are not allowed to mislead consumers regarding the quality of a product.
- Sale of Goods Act 1979: retailers must sale goods as described, of reasonable quality and that are fit for their purpose. Failure to do so entitles the consumer to a refund or a replacement.
- Food and Saftey Act 1990: strengthened the law in a number of areas to improve quality in the food industry.
- Competition Act 1998: prohibited anti-competitive behaviour by firms.
- Labelling of Foods Regulations 1970: every food should have a label that contain the ingredients list.
- Weights and Measures Act 1986: all food containers should be label on the correct
- weights and measurement.
- Unfair Trading Regulations Act 2008: it's illegal give consumers the incorrect information on the packaging and labels