Three Gorges Dam:
The Three Gorges Dam located in China, on the Yangtze River is Southwest of the capital Beijing. The nearest city to the dam is Wuhan in the East.
- Will protect 15 million people and 1.5 million acres of farmland (flood control)
- In 2009, produced enough electricity to supply 3% of China's total energy needs (HEP)
- Have a total generating capacity of 18.2 million kilowatts (HEP)
- Generate as much energy as 18 coal power plants (HEP)
- Generate enough to supply Beijing with power for a…