- Created by: Grace
- Created on: 26-04-14 15:36
Lexis Means Words
1) Lexis is the linguistic term for vocabulary - the words of a language.
2) When you're analysing language, you start by looking at the lexis.
3) It's divided into word classes - also called the parts of speech e.g nouns, verbs, adjectives.
4) Lexis can also be analysed in chunks or phrases, known as lexical phrases. These are well-known groups of words like on the other hand and once upon a time.
English has been influenced by other languages
1) A lot of the most frequently used…