Justice and law
Alfieri- omniscient lawyer
- different laws, different countries "In my country he'd be dead by now"
- importance of names - Mc Carthy trials (where thousands of Americans were accused of being Communist, and became subject of aggressive investigations)
- Alfieri's logic causes tension - "theres no recourse in the law, eddie"
- irony of getting back where they came from
- Eddie's tragic flaw- "too much love"
- forbidden love, "it's tough to love a doll that's not your own"
- "don't break my heart" Eddie -> Catherine
- possesion, "my B"
- "you want something else Eddie, and you can't have her" Beatrice
- "you think i'm jealous of you honey"…
Similar English Literature resources: