- Created by: etaylor0206
- Created on: 29-05-15 19:27
- Replica Theory explained in Hick's book 'Death and Eternal Life'
- Attempt to demonstrate how resurrection can be logically possible
- Hick was a materialist in that he believed the soul and the body were one and could not be separated.
- The Theory: Person disappears in London and reappears in New York. For this person to be the same he must be exactly the same in physicality and character.
- Hick suggests then that person A dies in London and then rises in New York - this new person would still be considered person A and he himself would believe this too.
- It is easier to identify the living person in New York as the…