- Located in modern day Palestine.
- It is an oasis 250 meters below sea level.
- It is thought that the population numbered about 2,000 inhabitants.
- Dates to roughly 10,500-8,500BC.
- There is a large walled settlement.
- There is evidence that there was already settled village life here before domestication.
- Farming is thought to have begun here before the invention of pottery.
- This culture can be split into Pre-pottery Neolithic which is then split in PPNA and PPNB
- This dates to 8,500-7,300 BC
- They lived with a combination of farming, animal herding, hunting and gathering wild plants.
- They manipulated plants and animals causing changes in the size of the wild species which then leads to the suggestion of the start of domestication.
- Found here during this period were several species of wheat, barley and lentils.
- A stone wall and a large ditch which was cut into bedrock surrounded the 4 hectare settlement.
- The stone wall was 3.6m high and had a tower as well. It was originally thought to…