James I's qualities
- Character and personality: had a great desire for knowledge but over-inflated ideas about his own intelligence; hated his wife, so surrounded himself with men
- Physical appearance: unappealing and unattractive
- Attitude towards finance: disinterested in finance but wanted to spend a lot of money
- Attitude towards religion: brought up a Protestant but was disinterested in religion, saying 'I give not a turd for your preachings'
- Attitude towards kingship: he enjoyed hunting…