- Created by: sham sham
- Created on: 07-03-16 10:38
- james believed in the "divine rights of king which made him reliant on his prerogative
- he was poltically skill as well as provocative.
- Davis Farr suggested that he sought to compromise and negoiate with the poltical nations in engalnd while defending his preogative, which shows he was a pragmatic leader.
- he was tolerant of others religions as he aimed to achive religious unit, as highlighted in his jacobean policies. This is evident in the millinary pettition and the hampton court conference.
- He was financially irresponsible, through being constantly overly generous to his friends and favourites. when he was granted subsidies to settle his death in 1606,…
Similar History resources: