1.) Gender Sterotypes:
- Jackson- Girls are better verbally than boy. Boy are better visually than girls.
- Bandura- Social Learning Theory- Boys are more aggressive than girls.
- Exaggrating the difference between the sexes- More common in Western Cultures
- Freud's Psychosexual Development Stages- Girls don't indentify as strongly with their mother as boys due with their father during the phallic stage. Contradicting evidence suggests that the behaviour between boys and girls differs slightly.
- Mental Illnesses- Women are more likely to be diagnosised with depression whereas men are more likely to be diagnoised with anti-social behaviour/aggression. There are also biological factors suggesting that one gender is more vunerable to developing a certain mental illness than the other.
- Moral Development- Unusually favours females, suggesting…