- Created by: leave2k19
- Created on: 13-10-18 15:03
'Islam' is derived from the root the word 'salaam' which is often understood to mean 'peace' The Qur'an an teaches about peace and that peace is not easy to achieve Muslium accept that sometimeswar many be necessary in certain circumstances in order to bring peace.
"And the servants of Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easliy, and when the ignorant address them (harshly), they say (words of) peace"
Muslim teachings about peace
1) Allah created the world with the intention that peace would be part of his creation.
2) Muslims believe in the personal struggle for peace or the greater jihad.
3) All Musliums belong to the ummah which,demonstrates idea of living together peacefully.
4) Standing up for justice in the world is one way of acheving peace.