- Created by: vicky
- Created on: 31-05-12 12:06
After a Guilty Verdict – How Psychology Can Inform the Penal System
3.2 Anger Management
· Anger is a strong emotion and many prisoners have problems controlling their anger which leads to violent behaviour.
· Anger needs to be controlled within a prison environment for the safety of staff and inmates.
· One way of achieving this aim is through anger management programmes.
· The main form of Anger management in prisons is a programme called CALM.
· There are six modules to this programme.
Key Study: Ireland, Investigation of Whether Anger-Management Courses Work