You can investigate the Motion of a Toy Car on a Ramp:
- Mark a line on the ramp- this is to make sure the car starts from the same point each time
- Measure the distance between each light gate- you'll need this to find the car's average speed
- Let go of the car just before the light gate so that it starts to roll down the slope.
- The light gates should be connected to a computer. When the car passes through each light gate, a beam of light is broken and a time is recorded by data logging software
- Repeat this experiment several times and get an average time it takes for the car to reach each light gate. This will make your results more reliable
- Using these times and the distances between light gates you can find an average speed of the car on the ramp and the average speed…