YOU CAN PUT ABOUT TREATMENTS BUT I HAVENT HAD TIME TO. THIS IS NOT A SAMPLE ESSAY MERELY POINTS YOU COULD PUT IN.
- Insomnia is not defined in the number of hours of sleep an individual has due to individual differences.
- The length and efficiency of sleep are important. Insomnia may involve trouble falling asleep (initial), trouble staying asleep, (middle) and waking up too early( terminal).
- It can be classified as transient, intermittent or chronic. Insomnia can be either secondary to another disorder and is therefore a symptom or primary.
- Secondary insomnia is typical to people who do shift work or have circadian rhythm disorders such as phase delay syndrome or a result of environmental factors i.e. alcohol.
- Primary insomnia occurs with no known cause for more than one month. Sometimes insomnia may be identifiable cause which now has disappeared but insomnia persist due to expectation of sleep difficulty.
- Age and gender an explanation as old people more likely to suffer and old people have increased physical problems i.e. diabetes and women due to age related hormonal fluctuation.
- Sleep apnoa is where a person stops breathing whilst asleep. Pauses may last from second to minutes and occur 5-30…