- The political Spectrum:
- Old Tory and Whig parties became the Conservative and Liberal parties.
- Emphasized rationalism, importance of individual happiness.
- Role of state is to protect the freedom and rights of the individual.
- Believed that human rights would be lost if government intervened.
- Generally, reflected views of middle class.
- Believed in value of traditional life .
- More government necessary to control society and preserve general order.
- Reflected views of landed upper class.
- Gladstone and Disraeli were two of the most influential political leaders of the late industrial revolution.
- Both advocated reform of social structure, as a result, some of the more productive governments came to power.
- Enter Socialism:
- Socialism grew as a reaction to the industrial…
Similar History resources: