1) What ions do group 7 elements form?
Charge of -1
2) What is the state and colour at room temperature of :Cl,Br,I ?
Chlorine - Gas (Yellow/Green) Bromine - Liquid (Brown) Iodine - Solid (Purple)
3) Describe trends of melting points going down group 7.
As you go down the periodic table , the melting point increases.
4) Describe the trend in density going down group 1?
As you go down the density increases.
5) How are halogens similar to eachother?
- All form salts with alkili metals. ( ionic compounds )