- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 01-03-19 20:53
- A hydrocarbon is any atom made from only Carbon and Hydrogen atoms.
- Alkanes are the simplest type of hydrocarbon, they have the formula C=n, H=2n+2.
- The alkanes are a homologous series- a group of organic compounds that react in similar ways.
- Alkanes are saturated compounds- each carbon atom forms 4 single covalent bonds.
- The first four alkanes are Methane (CH4), Ethane (C2H6), Propane (C3H8) and Butane (C4H10).
- The shorter the carbon chain, the morry runny a…