- Created by: shazzie4blue
- Created on: 14-06-14 13:52
population structure is the composition of a countrys population by age and sex. it is usually shown as a population pyramid- which is like two bar graphs back to back, one for males and one for females. age is shown in horizontal bars. the shape of population pyramids for different countries varies.
- life expectancy: average age people can expect to live
- infant mortality: number of babies who die under the age of five years per 1,000 people
- young dependants: children who are dependent on older economically active people
- elderly dependants: people who are dependent on younger economically active people
the pyramid for kenya shows many of the characteristics of poorer countries. the top of the pyramid is…