Health-Related Fitness = an umbrella term for the combination of physiological factors that enable an individual to cope with the demands of their life and may also have an effect upon their health.
Aerobic Capacity and Health
- It is directly related to the efficiency of the lungs and the cardio-vascular system in getting oxygen to the cells within the body.
- NOT just sports performers require/have good aerobic capacity.
- We ALL have a need for an efficient cardio-respiratory system and cv system- running for bus, hoovering etc.
Cardio-Vascular System = Our blood vessels, arteries, aterioles, capillaries, venules and veins.
Cario-Respiratory System = umbrella term for the heart, lungs and the blood vessels.
- Deficiencies in the cv system account for many health problems such a heart disease.
- There are clear links between lifestyle factors and heart disease.
- Poor cv efficiency also leads to an inability to participate in many day-to-day activities without feeling breathless, tired or inadequate.
- British Heart Foundation recommends that adults should do at least 30 mins of moderate intensity physical activity five or more days a week.
- Concerns stretch to children.