- Created by: isobelmunn
- Created on: 02-05-15 15:23
What is criminology?
- A rendez-vous disciplin
- Understanding crime construction
- Explanations for why people commit crime
- Societal responses to crime (time, crime)
- Criminal Justice
- Epistemology- the theory of knowledge with regards to methods, validity, and the distinction between justified belief and opinion.
Definition of crime?
- Crime is defined by religious doctrine
- the laws of the state
- a social construction
- any action which contravenes basic human rights
Crime is about people and behaviour- complex- no single theory- engaging with moral and ethical questions.
Naturalistic perspectives: behaviour is an inherited disposition (bio)
Individual perspectives: …