HOW TO PROTECT BUSINESS IDEAS
COPYRIGHT - protects creative or artistic works.
- Literature - novels, instruction manuals, computer programs, song lyrics, newspaper articles and some types of database
- Drama - dance or mime
- Art - paintings, engravings, photographs, sculptures, collages, architecture, technical drawings, diagrams, maps and logos
- Layouts used for a work
- Recordings of a work - sound and film
- Broadcasts of a work
While owning the copyright, you must not reproduce copyrighted work without permission. A copyright does not protect ideas but it protects FIXED ideas.
- Don't have to apply to use it
- You can be the only person that uses the work when it is copyrighted
- Prevents your work from being stolen or misused by others
- Inability to share work
- Can take time to get hold of
PATENT - the right to manufacture, use sell someone else's invention for a specified period of time.