PARIS PEACE CONFERENCE
- leaders from allied countries met in Paris in January 1919 to discuss peace settlement (following Hitlers surrender on 11th November 1918)
- USA BRITAIN AND FRANCE DOMINATED DISCUSSIONS
- defeated countries were not allowed to attend (Germany, Austira-Hungary, Turkey and Bulgaria) nor was communist Russia.
- allied countries secretly wanted to make Germany pay.
- Idealist- wanted no more war, world peace
- he created 14 points-
- no more secret agreements
- free sea navigation
- free trade
- colonies given voice
- german army to leave russia
- belgium independence
- france liberated and recover alsace lorraine
- self-determination of Austria Hungarians
- same for balkan states ^