How did developments in Germany from
1919-29 affect the rise of the Nazis?
- There were many problems which faced the new goverment which was called the Weimer republic
- The people felt that they had been betrayed by their own goverment because they were forced into democracy by the allies.
- Hundreds of small groups were formed to fight against
- The treaty of versailles - polititions who signed this were known as the November criminals, (hitler said they were all jews and blamed them)
- The Weimer republic
- democracy - new system of voting, number of seats depended on number of votes gained however this lead to lots of small parties
- Adolf Hitler was sent by the army to investigate one of these small groups called , "german workers party
- The economy was quite fragile because Germany was borrowing money from USA and France/Britain being payed back by Germany, France and Britain was paying back USA this was called the dawes plan
- This meant that when the wall street crash occured in USA it affectected all of the countries especially Germany.
- The economy was also very unstable because the Weimer republic began printing more money to pay to USA so…
Similar History resources: