- Created by: GreenGooSnake
- Created on: 19-07-19 20:01
You can make plenty of good points in your answer, but your answer won't be complete if you don't stick in loads of lovely quotes too. And an incomplete answer is like an unfinished...
Quote, Quote, Quote - and Quote some More.
1) It's not a good idea to copy out what a piece says word for word (See my 'Using Your Own Words notes), but quoting is a great way to improve your answer.
2) Quotes are great because they show exactly which bit you've got your answer from.
3) Quoting isn't the same as stealing words from the text you've read. There's a massive difference...
Quotes have Speech Marks.
When you quote, make sure it's copied word for word.
Speech marks show that you're quoting, not stealing words. Here's an example: