- Created by: emilyhuffordx
- Created on: 31-12-17 12:53
How has the domestic division of labour changed?
- Changes in women's work patterns have not always been matched by changes in the division of household tasks between the sexes - this has led to the belief that women experiance a 'dual burden', that is, they feel responsible for both paid work and housework - which places unreasonable demands on their time
- Lagged adaption - is the time delay between women working full time and men taking more responsibility for domestic work. This concept can be operationalised by longitudinal research, which is research that takes place over time
- Feminists - Argue that women experiance oppression within the traditional nuclear family
- Gender scripts - refer to the ingrained ideas about roles and relationships that…