- Created by: Alexmac333
- Created on: 08-01-19 12:40
How Democratic Is The UK?
- UK has FPTP, a very biased system, UKIP getting 10% of the vote but only 1 seat in 2015
- However FPTP does ensure very extreme parties are kept out, for example BNP barely got traction due to FPTP, ensures demoacracy is protected
- The House Of Lords is completely appointed but has great influence on the legislation system, October 2015 lords voted to delay tax cuts despite gov wanting it to go through and passing commons
- However the Lords is extremely limited by the Salsibury convention, May ignoring the Lords in 2016 over demand to trigger article 50 immediately
- parliament is sovereign and…