HOW BENEFICIAL IS VIRTUE ETHICS IN GUIDING MORAL & ETHICAL DECISION MAKING (12)
VE encourages people to do good for its own sake
you can apply it to real life situations, e.g. in contemporary dilemmas like abortions and sexuality.
- VE also promotes the idea that doing good is, in itself, good
- you should not do good in return for a reward, you should do it for the sake of doing good
- encourages community and reject individualistic approach
- however, how do we decide which virtues are those to be developed the most?
- different virtues have different relative values in different cultures, e.g. while…
Similar Religious Studies resources: