Internal conditions in the human body must be controlled.
There are lots of things to control including
- Ions (like salt)
- Sugar levels
Various parts of our body are fashioned to deal with all this and when conditions aren't right - our bodies respond.
Water enters our body through food and drink. It is lost through.
Water balance depends on the day's temperature.
COLD: No sweat, more urine.Dilute.
HOT: More sweat, less urine. Concenerature and skin response
- Hair flat to remove insulating layer of air
- Lots of sweat too transfer heat to the environment and cool you down
- Blood vessels under skin widen
- vasodilation - more blood flows near surface. Heat is radiated away and you are cooled down
- Brain encourages you to take off layers
- Hair stands up providing insulating air layer
- Very little sweat
- Blood vessels constrict to retain heat vasoconstriction
- Shiver to generate heat
- Brain encourages to put on layers
The kidney is responsible for taking care of our ion content.
- Taken in when we eat food
- Excess which needs to be removed
- Kidneys remove excess ions from…