- Created by: emily.folkard
- Created on: 15-11-18 11:40
1. A fall in temperature is detected by the thermoregulatory centre in the hypothalamus and thermoreceptors in the skin.
2. The hypothalamus sends impulses to sweat glands, inhibiting the production of sweat.
3. Smooth muscle in the arterioles contract (vasoconstriction) and shunt vessels open, to take blood away from the skin's surface, preventing heat loss by radiation.
4. Erector pili muscles in the skin contract, making hairs stand up…