- Required for Growth, Repair & Maintenance of body tissue.
- Any excess protein can be used for energy.
MEAT FISH PEAS BEANS
- A Major source of energy.
- Any excess Carbohydrates can be stored as fat and used for warmth (Insulating layer).
CEREALS FRUIT MILK VEGETABLES
- A concentrated source of energy for the body.
- Excess fat is stored under the skin, providing an insulating layer.
BUTTER MILK CHEESE SOME SALAD DRESSINGS
- Required for growth in children.
- Asists good eye vision, particularly vision in dim light.
LIVER BUTTER CHEESE OILY FISH