Hitler - Master of the Third Reich
- Intentionalists stress that the essential political decisions were taken by Hitler, he was the prime force in domestic and foreign policy.So important was the leadership prinicple that they equate Nazism with Hitlerism.
- Allan Bullock - 'National socialism can be called Hitlerism''
- Jackel - 'the essential political decisions were taken by a single individual, by Hitler'
- Intentionalist regard as Hitler having predetermined goals - especially in foreign policy
- Norman Rich - 'Hitler had a fixed plan, from the Beer Hall Putsch to death in his bunker in 1945'