The Selma Campaign 1965
· They wanted to see whether the provisions of the civil rights Act had been operated in the south. The act needed to be tested and voting rights was seen as an area to try.
· King and SCLC wanted to make an example of Selma Alabama
· In Dallas only 334 out of over 15,000 black people were registered to vote as compared to over 9500 whites.
· It was chosen because King felt the Sherriff Jim Clark, if provoked would lose his control like Bull Connor.
How did the authorities Act?
· The authorities made it as…