How did they help people?
- Children - They recieved free school meals and free medical care.
- The Old - They introduced old age pension (amount depending on age and living area).
- The Sick - Sick pay and unemployed benefit was introduced.
- The Unemployed - People recieved unemployment benefits.
Why did the Liberals try to tackle poverty?
- Social Conscience - Rich people had the belief that poor people were lazy or drunk and bought poorness upon themselves.
- Military Needs - The working conditions were extremely bad and the workers were ill and hungry which meant we wouldn't have fit soldiers to fight.
- Industrial Needs - America and Germany are overtaking Britain in industrial production because Britain's workers are ill and malnourished.
- New Liberalism - The belief that everyone should live a good life and the working class should have…