The 'Great America Desert' as it was called by early explorers was;
- really big (laod between Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains)
- lack of trees
- not much water
- unpredictable weather (really windy as well)
- many flat areas
- inhabited by grass hoppers, locusts and wolves
The Native Americans would group together in tribes;
- The whole tribe had to join together for the buffalo hunt.
- The young braves thought it was an honour to feed the old and the weak.
- Old people voluntarily committed exposure (wandered off to die), as the tribe couldn't afford hangers-on.
- They considered the worst crimes to be not looking…