- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 11-05-16 21:22
The years of unrest
Germany's problems after the war
Reasons for discontent:
- Thousands of people were poor and starving after the Weimar agreed to sign the Versailles treaty. An influenza epidemic had killed thousands of people.
- Many people in Germany were in denial that Germany had lost WW1 and blamed the "November criminals". These were the people that agreed and signed the Treaty of Versailles.
- Political parties and religions were blamed for losing the war. For example the communists, government and the Jews were blamed.
- People saw the Weimar as weak due to the recent signature of the Versailles treaty. This treaty decreased living standards across Germany.
Riots and rebellions:
- In 1919 there was a rebellion to try and take over Berlin which was done by the communists who were led by Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht. However they failed in trying to do so with the Freikorps…