- Created by: G140903
- Created on: 18-02-20 23:33
- greece doctors were considered itinerant curiosities more likey to harm you than help.
- by 16th century, innovatie doctors were practising an eclectic mix of medicine, alchemy, astrology,herbalism, mineralogy, psychotherapy and faith healing.
- Hippocrates considered to be the farther of modern medicine
- there were many wildly inaccurate theories and some outlandish remedies from boiled newborn puppies to the ashes of burnt swallow
- blood letting by leechs was so popular that at one point docotors were called 'leeches'
- galens discoveries were founded by the dissecting the bodies of dogs and mokeys rarther than humans
- before english physician william harvey published his momentous book on the heart and curculation in 1628. he spent over 20 years dissecting and experimenting on the pulsing hearts of thousands of animals from more than 60 species.
- Harvey also wove theory and practice into a scientifically sound, evidence-based description of the circulatory system.
- anesthetic was first used in 1772