BAY OF PIGS
- In April 1961 the new US president JFK decided to support an invasion by the 'Cuban exiles'.
- A group of Cubans who had fled the country when Castro took over wanted a return to the days of Batista.
- These exiles recieved training, weapons and transport from the CIA, and aimed to launch an attack on the cost of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs.
- They intended to establish a base for guerrilla activities against Castro and were confident that the Cuban people would support them.
- Disaster - 1400 exiles landed…