- Created by: Dan_23
- Created on: 22-05-21 12:49
The war was caused by both long and short term factors.
Long term factors
From October 1929 an economic depression, starting in America, spread across the world. Millions were thrown out of work – some starved to death.
People were angry, and they turned to political extremists:
- In Germany and Italy, fascist dictators came to power.
- In Japan, the army took power.
Countries became more aggressive:
- Japan invaded Manchuria in 1932.
- Italy invaded Abyssinia in 1935.
Short term factors