- Created by: babyblue18459
- Created on: 07-12-19 17:24
- Many political disturbances after the war e.g. Luddites, Pentrich Rising, Peterloo etc.
- The main reason for this was unemployment, wages, poor living/working conditions, no vote. Many radicals saw political/constitional reform as the only way to solve these issues
- No great desire for revolution, but reform. Cobbett's Political Register sold 200,000 copies in 1816; Hampden clubs were set up to discuss reform ideas and presented petitions to gvt.
Criticisms of LP's government