· Temperature is a measure of how hot something is, it is measured in degrees Celsius.
· Heat is a form of energy, which is measured in joules.
· A lighted match is much hotter than a litre of boiling water but it has less heat energy because there are fewer particles vibrating.
· Specific heat capacity is a measure of how much energy it can hold. It is the energy needed to raise the temperature by one degree Celsius.
· Different materials have different values of specific heat capacity.
· The specific heat capacity for water is 4200 J/kg/◦C . This is high, once water is heated. It stores a lot of energy, which…